Thursday, March 26, 2009

.......


...i thought i would share a silly story with you all....it is a day in the life of me and has to do with the creations on the left (the turquoise and coral one to be exact). so i am a bit addicted to kambucha, and last week our whole foods opened up and they have kombucha on tap! i was all about this! i drink it to avoid getting sick at the wee hours of the night when im working on a piece of jewelry...and lately its been chilly in the garage, so i bring in my tools from there and work on the kitchen table. MOST OF THE TIME, i avoid having any type of food or drink on the table, because it seems that when i cut pieces of wire, they tend to fly around me like fireworks...but this time i was thirsty, avoiding a cold, and just wanted to get that dang piece done before i went to bed and i take a big sip of my kombucha swallow an odd thing that shouldn't be in there and then proceed to take a sterling silver jump ring out of my mouth. not only am i learning how to make new things with my creations, i am also swallowing them....my lesson has been learned, especially after i could feel it in my throat the rest of the night. the end.

p.s. i am driving up to roseville later tonight to visit ali (http://penelopea.blogspot.com/). its just a day, but i am so excited to get away for the day.

p.s.s. read A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. it is about the outcasts of india who have learned "to maintain a fine balance between hope and despair." it is a beautiful piece of work.

1 comment:

Tirsa Baker said...

Your creativity inspires me. I would love if you would move to AZ and do crafts with me. I promise you wont' get cold working in the garage :)