Thursday, August 14, 2008

back in california.



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom i trust."
-Psalm 91:1-2

i got to sleep in my very own bed last night. an actual mattress and down comforter, and i could hear nothing but the world sleeping. i miss the sound of the crickets and the buzzing mosquitoes. i miss being cold and hearing the chickens fighting on the roof. but mostly, i miss hearing the words, "sleep well, butterfly," or the prayers of three dearly beloved children who love God so much. i miss that world, i miss the companionship. i already feel so lonely in a place where i am surrounded by people who love me so much. so much of my heart is there, it missed it's flight.


1 comment:

Jessie Jönzén said...

i can echo your sweet, sweet words entirely. i, too, feel that loneliness and miss those dear girls so much. i was up all night thinking of so many things...and i can't wait to get more organized so i can start sending letters and pictures to ondangwa. it all feels so far away and it's only been 2 days. i think your heart and mine deboarded the plane without our knowing. sleep well, butterfly. we'll always have namibia.