Saturday, June 28, 2008

"it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. it is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving." ~mother teresa

only 3 weeks til my departure. i am currently in the process of taking my typhoid vaccination. i am going about the oral way, because the doctor said it would be cheaper...and uhhh maybe the clinic ran out hahaha. due to some of the side effects of the malaria pills, i was strongly recommended to get another prescription to treat one of the side effects. that prescription alone was over $60.00 for just a week's work. on top of that, add in my other two prescriptions and it summed up at $165.00. i felt so annoyed that all the extra hours i had put into work had to go towards keeping myself healthy...rather than going towards helping others there. i should actually be thankful that we have medicine to treat us. it was an eye-opener and i am so grateful to the aid of the clinic. then this blessing happened: as the pharmacist was ringing me up, she asked what i was doing in africa...so of course i told her. she walked away for a minute and when she returned, she started pushing all of these buttons on the register and the next thing you know my total was $64.37. i kept asking if it was okay for her to do that and she kept insisting and i walked away from the pharmacy with goosebumps. i have received countless confirmations over these past few weeks, and my heart is just overflowing with thankfulness.

i have also been busy working on some creations and getting my list of things to get done before my departure. i am adding some more necklaces to my etsy at this moment....here a re a couple of pictures to give you a peek.





3 comments:

Eliza said...

Okay, I'm really lazy about the whole start an Etsy account thing and Paypal and I have a bad history since I married and changed my name and all. They are tough on me now, but I want to support you and I want a necklace or earrings or bracelet or something made by Venessa. SO, I'm putting a check in the mail to you and then when you get a chance you send me one of your pretty creations. Does that work?

Alisa Marie said...

hey, i saw you wearing that shirt on sat. :-D

Liza, you'll LOVE it!

Melinda said...

I think my necklace is the prettiest!! ha ha! but seriously I LOVE IT. And I love this story, but mostly that you posted it here, so that I was not one of the only ones to hear how God is lining things up for this ministry opp. YEAH YEAH.