Monday, February 9, 2009

so many projects, so little time.





i should have probably written more of our move, but i hate moving...so i will skip to the settling in. i feel as though we have so much to do still, but mainly my room is done (aside from random projects that are lying around) and my next space of the house i have been working on is a lil' venessa space in the garage that i like to call my working area. so far, i have yet to do any work in it. my reasons: its cold (maybe i should invest in a snuggie), i have to transfer my craft boxes downstairs (they are heavy and disorganized), and it doesn't feel at home yet.
so today, i am making myself time to make it my place. first order of business, finish my cork-board with pictures and people who inspire me or take me to that happy place. i got embroidery, buttons, and wire...i am just going to go at it. And because i have this addiction to incorporate every part of my life with a book that i love, i just had to pick this passage to be the theme that tied all the pictures together. let's see if i actually get this thing done today.


"And so there would always be more to remember that could no longer be seen. This is one of the things I can tell you that I have learned: Our life is in some way marginal to our own doings, and our doings are marginal to the greater forces that are always at work. Our history is always returning to a little patch of weeds and saplings with an old chimney sticking up by itself. And I can tell you a further thing that I have learned, and here I look ahead to the resting of my case: I love the house that belonged to the chimney, holding it bright in memory, and I love the saplings and the weeds."

~Wendall Berry (Jayber Crow)

9 comments:

Laura said...

ness, i've been itching to pick up some wendall berry for the last year and i keep not doing it. how much of his stuff have you read? what are your favorites?

venessa said...

he is my favorite. my personal favorite is "jayber crow" but i really love "three short novels," it consists of the books nathan coulter, remembering, and a place on earth which are all good!also ready any of his poetry. he is brilliant.

Alisa Marie said...

those look fantastic! I hope you get back into your craft zone! i've been missing you on etsy!

Laura said...

have you read hannah coulter? i've heard it's great too.

venessa said...

hannah coulter is great too! and if you get a chance to read any of his essays, do that too. i would say start with jayber crow then move onto hannah coulter next.
love you my bugaboo.

Eliza said...

I love you Ness!

rebecca said...

I LOVE the stitching on those photos! What a cute idea!

Jessie Jönzén said...

oh YOU! these are cute as PIE! i'm so flattered that i'm on your blog (post-Africa). you are such a creative little bee and i love being the wallflower absorbing it all. our box of books came yesterday from la palma...time to get started on jayber crow ;) love me some YOU.

Grace Persson said...

Have you stopped blogging my dear? I want to know what you've been up to lately! :)